As the finals days of this year were approaching, I was trying to decide what direction to take for 2019. I kept going back to 2015 and the amazing year I had studying women of the Bible. I tried to study one woman a week, but only ended up studying 33. It was still the most enlightening study I have ever done. I have gone back and reread many of those posts, many times. So 2019 will be another year of Women of the Word. I found a book that names 100 women of the Bible, so I won't run out of material!
I will follow the same format, which I broke into four points:
- Verses (where her story is found in the Bible)
- Background – parents, husband, children, siblings
- What is she most known for? Victories? Defeats? How can I be like her? How can I avoid being like her?
- Did she reach a place when she needed to reset? If so, did she? For good or evil?
This is a list of all the women I studied in 2015, click on the name and it will take you directly to the post. There is also a page with all the names and links, it can be found here.
Eve
Hagar
Sarah
Rebekah
Rachel
Leah
Dinah
Samaritan Woman at the Well
The Woman with the Issue of Blood
Martha
Mary of Bethany
Mary, the Mother of Jesus
Mary Magdalene
Jezebel
Naomi
Jael
Hannah
Miriam
Lot's Wife
Samson's Mother
Delilah
Vashti
Esther
Michal
Ahinoam
Abigail
Tamar (Daughter of King David)
The Shunammite Woman
Elisabeth
Tamar (Lineage of Christ)
Rahab (Lineage of Christ)
Ruth (Lineage of Christ)
Bathsheba (Lineage of Christ)
No comments:
Post a Comment