Rodney coaxes her, she is practically his shadow. These two are really close, in every way."
- From My Baby book
The last few days I've been thinking of how we react to unexpected tragedies or difficulties. Whether it be the Metrolink crash or Hurricane Ike, the same response occurs. After the initial shock, the media starts reporting on how it could have been avoided or who was at fault. We humans have a hard time accepting that bad things happen, even to good people.
![]() |
| Going on a school field trip in a wheelchair |
As I was thinking through a post on this subject, I kept thinking of Rod.
![]() |
| Valley Children's Hospital in Fresno some times felt like our second home. |
What a brother he was! He had an incredible wit. You never got the last word with Rod. He had a comeback for anything you threw his way. I know, because this was the source of many fights between the two of us! As we got older, he knew when he was about to push me over the edge and would say something that would just crack me up.
![]() |
| Kindergarten class picture with a black eye! |
If anyone had the "right" to question his circumstances or try to find someone to blame, it was Rod. But I can still hear him, not many months before his death, as we spoke about all he had been through in his life. He said, "Kathy, whenever I'm tempted to question or feel sorry for myself, I just read the book of Job. I can't complain."
![]() |
| One of many Easter dramas he performed in. |
To my friends who knew Rod, I hope you enjoy this photo walk down memory lane as much as I did! And whenever I hear "Jingle Bell Rock" I remember the Christmas when Rod and I entertained the family, he with his "crutch guitar" and me with some fancy moves!!
![]() |
| So much love and laughter in this shot! |
![]() |
| God gave him music so he could pray without words. |











2 comments:
This was very sweet :)
He was such a great brother!
Post a Comment