We have spent the past two weeks in Hawaii. It's been a rainy December so far but I have been able to catch a few good shots. We had our traditional first breakfast at Cinnamon's.
Hawaiian coffee with...
Gingerbread pancakes, eggs and a side of Spam!
Diamond Head as seen from Ala Moana Park while I'm out running never gets old!
I ran the 10 mile Tantalus loop Saturday morning. It poured the entire time! I was drenched from head to toe. Another shot of Diamond Head from Tantalus.
I was rewarded with this rainbow when I got back to the condo!
Last Sunday was the Honolulu Marathon, with fireworks kicking it off
Les rode with the Bike Escort team.
The team provided safety escort to the wheelchair racers. Les' group stayed with this year's winner, Masazumi Soejima. This is Les' sixth year to participate and Masazumi has won each of those years. After a little digging, Les found that Masazumi is a Paralympian athlete from Japan. He was the men's wheelchair winner of the 2011 New York Marathon and the 2011 Boston Marathon. He has competed in the marathon in both the 2004 and 2008 Summer Paralympics, 10000m in 2004, 5000m and 1500m in 2008 but it was as part of the Japanese 4 × 400 m relay in 2004 that he won his only medal, a bronze. He finished this year's race in 1:39:12. He's quite the champion!
I watched the men's winner come across. This year's winner was Titus Eriku of Kenya with a finishing time of 2:09:01, missing the course record by less than a minute!
This morning's sunrise was just peaking around the buildings when I finished my walk.
We fly home on Sunday. It won't be a white Christmas, but we will be home!












No comments:
Post a Comment