Dad has lost quite a bit of blood, so he is extremely weak. While talking to Kim, it dawned on me that Dad has been on blood thinners due to other health issues, so his incision has bled more than it might have on a healthier individual. While we were talking, the nurses came to give him more blood.
It's so hard talking to him and hearing him sound so tired and weak. Daddy's girl is trying not to worry, but can I say I'm concerned? It seems he's getting the care he needs, it's just taking time.
Friday evening update: They seem to have his blood pressure and blood sugar under control now. The biggest problem is the blood loss, which is causing anemia. While Kim and I were talking I looked up anemia. Symptoms include:
- Easy fatigue and loss of energy
- Unusually rapid heart beat, particularly with exercise
- Shortness of breath and headache, particularly with exercise
- Difficulty concentrating
- Dizziness
- Pale skin
- Leg cramps
- Insomnia
Praying for better news tomorrow.
2 comments:
Continue to pray. I know it is difficult to be distanced by miles at this time. However, God is in control.
Thank you for reminding me. I'm sure God is getting a little tired of hearing me tell Him what needs to get done.
Post a Comment