I have two prayer requests regarding my family:
First, Dad has been having back problems for about two years. He has seen numerous doctors and gotten a lot of run around, in my opinion. He has finally seen a specialist in San Francisco and it looks like he will be having back surgery on September 19th (tentative date for now). I think it is going to be a lumbar fusion. If that is the case, it is the same type surgery that Les had on his neck two years ago where they remove damaged discs, insert cadaver bone, and screw it all together with a metal plate. Not fun! And certainly not fun for a 70 year old. As with any surgery, going in they say "We do this all the time, it's a common surgery." And when it's over and the patient isn't bouncing back as quickly as they'd like, they say, "Well you DID have Major Surgery."
The other request is for my oldest brother Rick, age 47. He is seeing a cardiologist. What we know right now is that his EKG came up irregular and a stress test was taken. The results will not be known for a couple of weeks.
More important than the health of either of these men in my life, is the fact that they do not live for God. So please pray that God will use this time to speak to their hearts.
7 comments:
Kathy,
I will be praying for them. Also, I'll put their names in the box we have at church right now for the unsaved.
Caroline
Hi Sissy McElhaney. I will definitely help you pray for your precious dad and brother. Love ya bunches. :)
Thanks so much, Caroline!
Thanks! I'm leaving now to catch my train - see ya at Youth Alive!!
We will be praying for Bob and Rick. We love them both, and want the best God has to offer for them (and we definitely know what that is). Please let them both know that we are holding them in thoughts and prayers.
I will keep your family in my prayers. Just like you always support me I am here for you! I pray for you you pray for me. Love you.
Thank you, one and all for your prayers! What would we do without it?
Post a Comment