Sunday, August 17, 2008

Daddy's Girl

I've spent lots of time writing about Mom, but I don't want to leave Dad out. I am blessed with a wonderful Dad! Robert Lee Fultz worked long, hard hours providing for his family. I have some really funny memories of Dad - Rod and I loved teasing him, but he loved us all unconditionally - and still does! His unending patience with Fultz's Funny Farm is amazing! Most of all, I'm thankful that he is still living and I love him dearly.

Besides his family, Dad loves golfing, working on model trains, and going hunting with his brother, Ron. His hunting trips are really just "camping with a gun" because he's never killed anything! I remember words of wisdom, regarding finding a husband:
You know, sometimes when you're deer hunting, you just need to sit on a rock and wait for the deer to come to you.
Another priceless quote from My Baby Book:
DaDa is Kathy's first word. This was said on October 16, age 5 1/2 months. The others all said MaMa first! Wonder if she'll be a Daddy's girl - she's not now.
I could never choose between them- I would say there were times when I was Daddy's girl, but I loved Mom, too! I'm so thankful for TWO loving parents!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to have such a loving, devoted dad! I love your blog with all the stories about your mom, ze funny farm, etc.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

You obviously had two of the most doting, loving, giving parents!

Verse of the Day