Monday, September 29, 2008

Thankful

Dear God, help me not to overlook the giving of thanks to You, before I begin asking.
- Mom's Bible

I do have much to be thankful for this morning. I talked to Dad last night on the way to church and he sounded so much better! His voice almost sounded normal and we talked for more than just a minute. He said, "They made me walk. I did it, but kicking and screaming the whole time." Now that's the Dad I know!

I also found out that Rick does not have anything wrong with his heart. We're not sure what the doctors thought they saw, but it's not there now.

Thanks, God!

6 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Sounds like God has answered two prayers. What a God we serve!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I've been humming "tis so sweet to trust in Jesus" and it's so true.

Caroline (Jane) said...

Wonderful! We will continue to pray for their souls.

Kathy McElhaney said...

That's the prayer I'm longing to have answered.

Anonymous said...

He is the most awesome, magnificent, loving, faithful God, and He never fails us!! Thank God, Sissy McElhaney!!! I'm so relieved because I had to run downstairs last night since our team served last night, and I didn't get the chance to ask you about your dad. Then I couldn't wait to get to work to read your blog to find out about your dad!! I'm so elated, and I, too, will continue to pray for your family's souls!! I love ya! :)

Kathy McElhaney said...

We didn't stay too late after church - I was ready for a good night's sleep, something I haven't had in about a week.

Verse of the Day