
Since Monday was the first official day of Fall, I've read a few blogs on the subject. Cooler weather, pumpkin pies baking, sweaters, falling leaves. Doesn't it sound delightful?
In my part of the world, Fall is a little different. Santa Ana winds start blowing. It's been pretty dry the past few years, so we need to be alert for wildfires. I won't be pulling any sweaters out, either. The average high for Simi Valley in the "Fall" is September: 92, October: 84, and November: 75. We've had record highs of 115, 110, and 99 for those three months.
Fall? I can only dream...
4 comments:
I'm with you Kathy. I miss the "defined" Fall days. In the Central Valley, there were four distinct seasons. When we moved to coastside, there was only a trace of a season change - so we went to the calendar as our definer. However, have to admit, seeing the pumpkins in the field verifies that Fall is upon us.
The change of seasons is so wonderful, but I'm sure you miss tulley fog and extreme summers about as much as I do!
Didn't God bless us, Kathy? I miss so many people, but never the fog or the heat.
We try to schedule our visits in the Fall and Spring! Christmas, of course, is an exception.
Post a Comment