Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Broken

I saw a sad sight while out running on Sunday morning. First it was just a sound, something scurrying along on the road. Then I saw it - a young coyote. It must have been attacked or hit by a car because it was dragging its back legs and heading into the hills. Please forgive me for not calling The Department of Fish and Game, but I doubt they could have found it.

The helplessness I felt towards that coyote is nothing compared the helplessness I often feel towards those around me. They are wounded, dragging their broken hearts and lives. I hurt when I see them unmoved in church, wrapping their hurts more tightly around them. I hurt when they turn away from those that love them and want to help them. I hurt when they miss a service here or there, then disappear completely. For there is One, greater than Fish and Game, who can not only mend, but restore completely that broken life.

Christ can do wonders with a broken heart, if given all the pieces.
- Mom's Bible

Give Them All to Jesus

Are you tired of chasing pretty rainbows?
Are you tired of spinning round and round?
Wrap up all the shattered dreams of your life
And at the feet of JESUS, lay them down.

Give them all, Give them all, Give them all to JESUS
Shattered dreams, wounded hearts, and broken toys
Give them all, Give them all, Give them all to JESUS
And He will turn your sorrow into Joy.

He never said you’d only see sunshine
He never said there would be no rain
He only promised a heart full of singing
About the very thing that once brought pain.

Words and Music by Phil Johnson and Bob Benson, Sr.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! That was one touching and sad post. We feel the same way. I don't know what else to say, but that I really think that this a great post and we love you peep!

ELICHLOEE

Kathy McElhaney said...

Just don't ever become someone that I post sad things about. No matter what comes your way, trust in the One who knows how to fix everything that is broken.
Love you two Peeps!

Anonymous said...

This post couldn't be more true. I know I personally would be a total mess if I didn't give all my worries, anxiety, pain to Him. There is really no answer, no hope out there in this crazy world.

Kathy McElhaney said...

It's amazing what God can do when we let Him. And it's scary what a mess we can make on our own.

Verse of the Day