Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cake or Bread?

The Bible is meant to be bread for our daily use, not just cake for special occasions.
- Mom's Bible

I find it interesting that the daily Bible reading program that so many churches use is called the B.R.E.A.D. program. Bible Reading Enriches Any Day!

For some reason this also reminds me of the bread eating contest between two of my best friends, Dawn and Rod (who was also my brother!) No, it was not who could finish reading their Bible first. Those two nuts decided to see how many pieces of bread they could stuff in their mouths at once!! It was quite hilarious and how I wish I had pictures!! They both survived the ordeal and I don't recall either of them getting sick. I wonder how they would have fared in a cake eating contest...

May we hunger for the Bread of Life every day!

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Great quote. Oh, I can see Dawn and Rod now. Gives me a chuckle.

Kathy McElhaney said...

The original "chubby bunny" game! Who needs marshmallows when you have bread?

Verse of the Day