Monday, November 8, 2010

30 Days of Thanks - Day #8

I am thankful for Revival!

Our church has been blessed to have Bro. Don Hyler, III with us the past two weeks. He did an outstanding job bringing the Word of God to us.

One thing that amazes me is how God's Word is always fresh. On Thursday night, Bro. Hyler preached "When God is Unemployed." His text was Isaiah 43:13 "I will work, and who shall let it?" I've heard this verse preached from before, but never the way Bro. Hyler preached it!

Bro. Hyler talked about God's resume - what would be on it? His name - Jesus! His address - He can be found. His references - there are many who can vouch for Him. What His objectives are - He wants to heal, deliver and save.

The part that stuck out the most to me was when Bro. Hyler talked about God's "work experience." He talked about how we don't put our early work experience (yard work, babysitting) on our resume. If we were "interviewing" God to come and work for us, His first experience - "created the heavens and the earth." Yes, He can do whatever we need!!

Last night the youngest Hyler, Reagan, quoted Acts 2:38 - he's only two! And for all you Adventures in Odyssey fans, Bro. Hyler also preached a message titled "At Wit's End" from Psalm 107:27.

I guess you could say I'm thankful for Revival and the Word of God that is never changing, but never grows old!

3 comments:

Mary Frances said...

I wanna here the Wits End message!!! LOL! I'm a FAN!!! :)

Kathy McElhaney said...

Mary,
I thought of you when he gave his title!

Mary Frances said...

LOL! Awwwwww!!!! :)

Verse of the Day