Thursday, November 4, 2010

30 Days of Thanks - Day #4


This may come as a surprise to many - but I am thankful that I live in California! I was born here, my parents were born here, and one of my grandfathers was born here. Now I'm not talking politics - I'm talking about the beautiful landscape and weather.

Yes, I complain about the wind and I'm not fond of wildfires, but more days than not are filled with beautiful blue skies and sunshine! I've always lived within less than a days driving distance of the ocean and all the other places to visit are spectacular, too!

Beautiful Yosemite with Half Dome and El Capitan...


Trees and waterfalls


17 Mile Drive in Monterey County...


Santa Monica with its pier...


and street performers...


Lake Tahoe (which we share with the state of Nevada)...



The Central Valley with acres of farmland...


I love the rows of trees! These are some my Grandpa Fultz planted!


Solvang with its many bakeries and Dutch shoes...


San Diego's Old Town...


Our very own island, Catalina...



Pacific Grove, a beautiful place for an outdoor wedding....



One of my favorite places - Santa Barbara where you can rent a boat...


or a bike...


or ride a carousel...


Mammoth Mountain where you can ride a gondola to the top ...



And throw a snowball in July!


And I'm always thankful spending a day at the beach!

6 comments:

Carol Connell said...

Aside from the politics, I am thankful to live in California too! I didn't grow up here, but I've been in Ca. over 20 years now, and we've raised our children here. There are so many great places to visit in our state, and we've made many happy memories.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Could not agree with you more on being thankful for living in California. Being born and raised in the Sunshine State, I have always loved the beauty it holds.

Marc Adrian Smith said...

California truly is "The Entertainment Capital of the World". I like living in California as well because it seems no matter which direction I go there's some source of entertainment. Is that Kim in the wedding picture?

Kathy McElhaney said...

Marc,
Yes, that is Kim. She got married March 2009.

Girly Muse said...

So many wonderful and beautiful things to be thankful for in California!!!

Mary Frances said...

Aaaahh..CA...I think thats ONE place I would like to live aside from AZ!!! THE OCEAN!!!! We don't got that for SURE!!! HAHA!!!

Verse of the Day