Friday, November 26, 2010

30 Days of Thanks - Day #26 - Friday Foodie


I'm thankful for Pumpkin Pie! Especially Pumpkin Pie made by Les!

While we were in revival earlier this month we had a contest. Men vs. Women. Whoever brought the most visitors would receive pumpkin pies made by the losers. The ladies brought 31 visitors and the men brought 18. Yeah for the Ladies! Double yeah that we had 49 visitors in just two weeks time!

Les made Double Layer Pumpkin Pie. He made this recipe many years ago, but it had been a while! I couldn't stay out of the kitchen, but I did NOT do any of the work (except clean up!) Les made one for the contest and one to take with us. He's awesome!

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 cups COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

1 Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)

1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 cup milk
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground gi
nger 1/4 tsp. ground cloves


BEAT cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. milk and sugar in large bowl with whisk until blended. Stir in COOL WHIP.


Spread into crust.


WHISK remaining milk, pumpkin, dry pudding mixes and spices. Mixture will be thick. (You may work up a sweat and need to remove your sweatshirt...)

Spread over cream cheese layer.

REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm.


Nutritional info: It's Pumpkin Pie! Just enjoy it!!!

P.S. I'm also thankful that I did NOT get up to fight the Black Friday crowds today! NOT my Thing At ALL!!

3 comments:

Larisa said...

Okay. I'm going to have to try this! I'm off to the store for the ingredients! =D I can't resist trying this one. lol

Larisa said...

Okay...tried it. I love it! I think I will put this recipe in my box. Thanks!!!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Larisa,
Thanks for letting me know. Glad you enjoyed it. Les said you're welcome!

Verse of the Day