Friday, November 19, 2010

30 Days of Thanks - Day #19


Today I am thankful for Music. I love listening to all kinds of music - it really depends on my mood!
Ephesians 5:19 "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord"

When I first moved to Victory Tabernacle, our music department was much smaller. I decided to start taking piano lessons and I'm so glad I did! While I would never consider myself accomplished, I love having the ability to sit alone at my keyboard and play songs of worship.


There is a beautiful quote on Rod's headstone: "God gave him music so he could pray without words." I feel that same way. There are days when the right words don't come, then I hear a song and think, "That's how I feel!"
Music speaks what cannot be expressed,
soothes the mind and gives it rest,
heals the heart and makes it whole,
flows from heaven to the soul.

- Unknown

4 comments:

Caroline (Jane) said...

Kathy,
I'm with you! I don't play that well, but it's just enough to play and sing praises to God. Can't imagine life without music!

Girly Muse said...

I love that quote. I'm so thankful for music too.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Every day we need to have a song in our heart. It makes everything so much better.

Marc Adrian Smith said...

Ditto. Speaking of Rod, occasionally we'll sing a song at church that he used to sing and I'll think of him. I always loved to hear him sing.

Verse of the Day