To Kathy
On that special day when I knew.
A brand new life within me grew,
I said, Oh No, it can't be true.
But, thank You, God,
For letting it be;
I prayed for a Girl,
And You gave her to me!
We could have spoiled you,
So easily;
The very last member of our family
You wouldn't let us,
You wouldn't sit still;
You'd rather be out
Climbing a tree or a hill.
You've packed away
All your dolls and toys,
Now you've started to talk to boys.
I love your blond hair,
And your pretty blue eyes;
The way they sparkle around the guys.
You're now a young lady,
In most every way;
But in my heart,
A Babe you will stay.
Help me step aside,
With a smile on my face;
While you, in life's journey
Find your perfect place.
Love,
Mom

7-8-77
7 comments:
How beautiful - as only Norma could have done it. I know you miss her but I miss her too. She was a TRUE friend.
It would be horrible if a person was not missed. She left an imprint on more than one life. And she was a TRUE friend to me as well.
That is a VERY touching poem. I never knew your mom personally, but I can tell from here, that she was a wonderful lady with a BIG heart.
Love always,
EliChloee
That is a perfect description of Mom - a wonderful lady with a BIG heart!
Hi Sissy McElhaney! Finally, finally, I got a chance to read your blog, and I just couldn't wait because it really encourages me, and I just look forward to more pictures of you when you were little! This particular one could NOT be more precious, and your mom's poem was just filled with a mother's powerful love. You truly were blessed with a wonderful, giving, spiritual mother, sissy. Yes, she left a mighty big print on your life.
You may not always see it, but you are leaving a great imprint on your girls' lives as well. You're making a difference!
awwwwwww!!!
Post a Comment