Before you read this post, please know that I am not trying to be morbid or melodramatic. These are actual notes taken from Mom's Bible.
As with most Bibles, there is the typical family record in Mom's Bible. But beyond that, Mom recorded the date that each of her children were baptized in Jesus name and filled with the Holy Ghost. She also kept a record of her battle with cancer that started with this:
4-27-90 Black day for me - but God is in charge. Cancer is not too hard for my God.
Colossians 3:15 "and let the peace of God rule in your hearts". This verse is underlined in her Bible with "5-90, Cancer can't take my Peace."
Then there is this:
1-22-91 3 mo. check-up A-OK!!
4-25-91 6 mo. - All clear - Amen!
3-31-92 Good report!
7-22-92 All clear :)
On another page:
Dec. 3, 1996 - Bone cancer - arms, legs, spine, pelvis, ribs - I need God.
Her unwavering dependence on God kept her from falling into the pit of despair or depression during an extremely lengthy battle.
Whatever you face today remember: "You are God's property and God is going to take care of you." (Mom's Bible, of course)
2 comments:
We are "God's property". Love it - AMEN! I can related to writing family's Holy Ghost initial fillings, baptisms in my Bible along with special quotes, thoughts. I remember Norma and I exchanging quotes - seemed like there was always something we liked. I can only pray that my children will enjoy the three Bibles I've loaded with pennings as much as you are relishing your mom's. I would be honored if they do, as much I know she would be honored by your caring.
Les and I were talking late into the night last night about Mom's Bible. It has been in my possession since she passed away, and I've always treasured it, but right now her notes are resonating within me. It seems I find something new each day.
Post a Comment