Yahoo! News had an interesting article, recapping these events. I found the following statements very true in our own lives, as well:
Prayer, Bible reading, worshiping in services, soaking in the preaching, consistent living - all of those are "putting money in the bank". There are days when the bank gets fuller and fuller. And there are days when it takes everything we have in our bank to get out of bed and face what life has handed us."Bob has a saying, 'Putting money in the bank,' " Phelps said. "When we train every day, sometimes there are workouts you don't like, don't want to do. Bob says you're putting money in the bank.
"I guess I put a lot of money in the bank over the last four years, and we withdrew pretty much every penny in the bank. After Bob and I both grab a little break, it'll be time to start depositing."
Living close to God in days of blessing will enable the soul to have assurance and faith when trouble comes.
- Mom's Bible
5 comments:
This couldn't be more true!! Amen!!
This couldn't be more true!! Amen!!
Mom & Chrissy,
Thanks for your agreement!
P.S. I'm going to start calling you "Chrissy Mom"!
OH MY WOOOOOOORRRDDDD!!! I'M SO SORRY!!! LOL!!
Only you, Chrissy Mom, only you!!!
Post a Comment