- Mom's Bible
From Grandmother's Memories book:
"Some special things from childhood that I'll always remember are: I had tuberculosis when I was 9 years old. The day before I was scheduled to go to the sanitarium, Sis. Esther Bennett and Sis. Struble came to the house and prayed for me and God healed me completely!"
Two more special ladies in Mom's life! Sis. Esther Bennett and Sis. Struble. I'm so thankful for the power of prayer - especially the power of others' prayers when I can't find the words myself.
7 comments:
I am thankful for your prayers that helped give my family and I strength when we didn't. Just simple words offered up to God for our family and friends go far above the ceiling and actually help touch lives. Love you! and sorry about my piggy toe. it was pretty disgusting. lol
God IS and WILL continue to answer prayer for you!
Remember the song our Youth Choir sang:
I pray for you, you pray for me
I love you, I need you to survive!
That's how prayer works!
Hope you're piggy is feeling better, even if you do continue to abuse it with your shoes!!
Hi Sissy! It's "mom" again! LOL!!!
Anyway, I second Adrianne's comment. I cannot thank you enough for being a strength to me personally, and for including my family and me in your prayers, sissy. Prayer is so powerful -- it's just too bad that it took me a costly longer time to finally get this drilled into my brain.
God has answered my every prayer, and from his answers, I have witnessed with my very own eyes that His Ways are not our ways!! I always get blown away when He answers my prayer because He is God, our Creator for crying out loud -- this great big God is listening to me!!!
Hearing about others' prayers such as your mom's, the elders in your life is so encouraging as well.
Love ya!
Mom's healing of TB took place almost 60 years ago, it's so awesome that God never runs out of the ability to hear and answer prayer!
Oh my word, 60 years ago. It truly is admirable that your mom left behind for you and your family all of God's blessings in her personal life.
I think I'll do some digging the next time I'm at my Dad's. There are probably more notebooks hidden away somewhere.
God is a prayer answering God!! He is so faithful, and I am so grateful for that. I am also grateful because he is answering our prayers regarding Adrianne. I love Him, and it is so amazing about your mom! What a miracle!
Post a Comment