Around my house, Christmas music starts early. While I enjoy the sounds of the season, there is also a valid reason for such an early start!For many years now our church has had a Christmas Recital on a Sunday night in December. Any of our children, young people, or adults that are taking music lessons are encouraged to learn a Christmas carol and play it. It's a lot of fun - from "one finger" songs by beginners to complex pieces by our most advanced musicians, with an occasional squeaking clarinet or trumpet thrown in for good measure! I met with Sis. White, our awesome Music Director and Pastor's wife, on Wednesday to start selecting songs.
So... it's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas...
3 comments:
I love this time of year! It pays to be organized by starting now, but believe me, this will be the first time ever that I will be organized because I usually wait until Christmas Eve to do all my shopping! I'm getting too old for that kind of stress, so I plan to be better this year.
Yes, it's recital time, but my girls have not been taking piano lessons because they've been so busy with school, camps, and just things have come up that the lessons just stopped. I pray that they'll be to play something?
This time of the year just flies! With Youth Alive next week, we're hitting our fall stride and it will be Christmas before we know it!
Sis. White has their name on the list - I think it's up to them if they want to play or not.
We started playing it in July! But mostly because it reminds me of one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving. =D
Post a Comment