Sunday, August 10, 2008

Replenishment

If I have learned anything about running, it is that hydration and nutrition are key. When I go for my Saturday "long run" (13-16 miles), I calculate the time I think I'll be gone and plan accordingly. I take water, plus some Hammer Gel for an energy boost after about an hour. The day before I turned 44, I decided to run a half mile for each year. Planning to run 22 miles meant more water, a little more Hammer Gel, and some Perpetuem. I won't go in to what Hammer Gel and Perpetuem are, just know they keep my body fueled for those long distances.

If you are like most Pentecostals, Sunday is not a "day of rest." There are bus or van routes to run, Sunday school classes to teach, instruments to play, specials to sing, choir practices to attend, and most importantly, hungry souls to pray with in the altar.

Amidst the busyness, there is also renewal - refreshing - revival - replenishment! Strength for the journey coming forth from the word of God! "This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing:" Isaiah 28:12.

There's an old song that says, "fill my cup, Lord"... I don't know about you, but I'm taking a BUCKET to church today!!

10 comments:

Caroline (Jane) said...

Amen! I could not began to count the times I have sat down in my pew with a sign and quoted that very scripture to myself. I'm taking my bucket too! God never fails to fill it.
Great post Kathy, thanks.
Caroline

Karen J. Hopper said...

Great post. I've decided to take a washtub to church this morning. Think that's being greedy? lol

Kathy McElhaney said...

You know what's great? If we all took washtubs, there would still be enough!

Caroline (Jane) said...

Oops! That's sigh not sign. Me and my typo's. lol

Anonymous said...

I think that is a really great post peep!! I also wanted to that you for the books that you lent me. I already read one of them.... "The Martyr's Song" I have to say that was the best book i have read by far!!! I did not put it down! I finished it in an hour!! I mom didn't believe it!
Anyways, I really do love your post and I love the books!!
Love your peep,
Chloee

Kathy McElhaney said...

Hi Peep!
Wasn't church awesome, yesterday? Bro. May was such a blessing and having a new person receive the Holy Ghost is just the best!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I know!!! That is really exciting!!! Im sorry for all the typos in my comments!! Church was really awesome!!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I think Blogger should let us edit typos on our own comments!! I know I've made enough of them myself.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Amen! It's true that once I hit the pew, it's always with a sigh of relief that I made it to God's House! It takes a half hour of Prayer Gel to get us going for the church service ahead of us!

This is a great post -- so true, so true. You just made such a good point how it's important to be replenished both physically and spiritually! Your point also relates to keeping the physical and spiritual in shape too! They both require consistency, focus, determination....

Yesterday's and last night's messages were so awesome, and totally from God AGAIN! I love Bro. May -- he's another annointed preacher, and funny too!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Hey Chrissy,

I don't know why, but your comment on this post didn't come until today.

Prayer Gel! What a great product!

Verse of the Day