Youth Alive 2009 has come and gone and it was a tremendous success!! We made the move to a larger building last year and promptly filled it to capacity of approximately 750. We moved again this year and were full again - this time the crowd was close to 1200!! If you have a great thing going, young people are going to show up.
Our scheduled speaker for the service, Bro. Joel Holmes, was unable to make it due to illness in the family. Bro. Jerry Rowell, pastor of Yuma Pentecostal Assembly, stepped in and did a great job. Earlier in the service the Mass Choir sang "Jesus Said It." Bro. Rowell wrote an additional verse and sang it! He also did a surprise solo with the choir at Alive at the Park!!
After a time of worship and singing, Bro. Rowell preached "The Land of To and Fro." His text was Amos chapter 8, verse 11 and 12. "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it."
It was a sobering thought - we are such a busy people, going to and fro, but in the Land of To and Fro, the word of the Lord cannot be found. There are those who are constantly looking for some new thing or some new pastor. The altars were flooded for a time of consecration.
After service we had a crew to help take down all the sound equipment because it was headed to Knott's Berry Farm. Les was part of that crew, so I stayed with him. We finished there at about 11:00 and headed to our church where there was food for ministers and their families. I thought we would eat, fellowship a bit but leave pretty quickly since we were to be at Knott's at 7:30 Saturday morning. I was wrong!! My ping pong loving husband proceeded to play ping pong until after 1:30! While I enjoyed the fellowship, it was after 2:00 before we got to bed - much too late for this lady!!
3 comments:
Youth Alive & Praise in the Park was awesome! Every group really did a superb job!!
Great big thanks to Victory Tabernacle! All of your hard work paid off!
Thanks for being a part!
Peep!!
I have to agree with you... Youth Alive was awesome!! We actually have 1250 in attendence Friday night!! I'm glad you had fun!! :)
Love you lots!!
-Chlo
Post a Comment