If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you may remember that our house was broken in to back in February. You can read all the details here, and my follow-up post "Casting Down Imaginations."
It's been almost seven months and I had heard nothing. I've gotten back to my normal routine, I don't jump at every sound, even enjoyed the pool this summer, not worrying about someone coming in to my back yard. But I've still wondered what ever happened to the creeps!!
A detective from our police department called today. Our house was one of many in what they are calling "Knock-knock burglaries." We live in Ventura county, but LA Police got involved as this was spread throughout the Southland.
Immediately following the break-in, I was able to give a description of the vehicle that was at our house - a white Chevy Impala. Another victim got a license plate and the vehicle was a white Chevy Impala! They were able to trace this vehicle - it was rented, then abandoned.
Are you ready for this?? This was GANG related!! One of the oldest and most well known gangs in Los Angeles was behind all of this. Yep, I had Crips in my house. Makes me shudder thinking about it!!
But the good news is there have been numerous arrests. The detective said, "You can't live that way and get away with it indefinitely." I'll probably never know if "our" burglars were arrested, but I sure hope so. The detective also wanted to reassure me that it was not a personal attack on me, our house was quiet and looked to be a great target.
I still believe "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
No comments:
Post a Comment