Thursday, September 10, 2009

UnLIMBited Attitude!


I received an email with pictures of a darling boy. A darling, smiling, blond-haired, blue-eyed boy. Who is also a double above knee amputee. After looking at his pictures and thinking about how cute and amazing he is, I told Les, "He has amazing parents!"


I also had to know more about him. This little doll is seven-year-old Cody McCasland and you can read all about him by clicking on his name. In a nutshell he was born with a rare birth defect called Sacral Agenesis that caused his legs to form both missing tibias and knees. He has had 15 surgeries in his short life but has always had a cheerful attitude!


As a spokesperson and multi-year grant recipient from Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF), Cody has been able to train, travel and compete in various athletic events, and to act as an inspiration for others, such as our military professionals that have come back from Afghanistan and Iraq with amputations. Cody has been allowed the opportunity to meet with several of these servicemen, spending time with them and showing off his "unlimbited" abilities.


So what's holding YOU back??

3 comments:

Notions from Nonny said...

awww...you made me cry! :o)
We really don't have excuses. am looking at my day much differently!
See you at Youth Alive!

Girly Muse said...

What an amazing little boy!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Isn't that precious. I received this email yesterday too. It is touching for sure.

Verse of the Day