Friday, September 25, 2009

Home Improvement - Before and After!

I'll confess I was a little nervous about the paint color when they finished, but as it has continued to dry I am very pleased!





Next up - new doors! These are old, wooden and weather weary! If we tried to sand them down, there wouldn't be anything left. After almost two weeks of numerous trips to Lowe's, I ordered our doors today.


P.S. I forgot to add that while I was at Lowe's I saw CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!! It's bad enough the Halloween candy has been out for a month, but it's still 100 degrees here, I'm not buying any snowmen!!!

6 comments:

Girly Muse said...

the paint looks great! glad you're happy with the results.

i was admiring those doors!!! and then read that you're getting new ones. wish i was closeby, i'd be happy to take those off of your hands.

Kathy McElhaney said...

I don't think the picture did them justice! 22 years of full sun exposure has left its mark.

April Renee said...

It's beautiful Kathy!!!
I bet you're having so much fun!! One day we'll have to come visit!!!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Looks absolutely great! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! And then put up your Christmas decorations (lol).

Kathy McElhaney said...

April,
You're welcome anytime!!

Sis. Hopper,
I'll probably start listening to Christmas music soon to start preparing, but the decorations will wait! I usually pulled them out the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Cyndi Kaye said...

WOW! Your house is beautiful! I love the green. Great job on all the improvements. Can't wait to see the new doors.

Verse of the Day