"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation."
I don't remember the exact title of his message, but it was something along the lines of "having victory in spite of your circumstances." In the midst of his preaching, that little word "yet" got stuck in my mind.
Yet, just three little letters. Y.E.T. While there are many definitions of yet when used as an adverb, it changes when used as a simple conjunction. Yet, or nevertheless. There are numerous examples in the Bible of those who were tested YET trusted:
Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him."
Judges 8:4 "And Gideon came to Jordan, and passed over, he, and the three hundred men that were with him, faint, yet pursuing them."
1 Samuel 12:20 "And Samuel said unto the people, Fear not: ye have done all this wickedness: yet turn not aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart;"
Psalm 37:25 "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."
Psalm 119:51 "The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law."
Our Supreme example was Jesus:
Isaiah 53:7 "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth."
There are others who had opportunity for healing, repentance and greatness, yet...
2 Chronicles 16:12 "And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians."
Nehemiah 9:30 "Yet many years didst thou forbear them, and testifiedst against them by thy spirit in thy prophets: yet would they not give ear: therefore gavest thou them into the hand of the people of the lands."
Isaiah 28:12 "To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear."
There's an old song that says, "He's never failed me yet." That is just a waste of a word! Jesus has never failed anyone at anytime! If you're waiting for Him to fail you, you're going to have a long wait! Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." Jesus didn't fail yesterday, He hasn't failed today, and He's not going to fail tomorrow! Since that is the case, you can say, "No matter what happens today, YET will I trust Him." And not only trust Him, but REJOICE in the Lord and JOY in the God of your salvation!
1 comment:
So awesome- I needed this today- Thanks for sharing the importance of three little letters!
Post a Comment