
Since Kim and Rodney's wedding wasn't until 12:30 on Saturday, Les and I both decided Saturday morning would be a great time for some exercise along the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Les took his bike and I took my running gear. After a reconnaissance mission Friday afternoon (where we spotted several deer), I thought running on the fabulous 17 Mile Drive would be a treat. Our hotel was practically on 17 Mile Drive, about one mile away from the Pacific Grove entrance to the famous road.
I was not disappointed!!! I left our hotel room around 6:15 Saturday morning and couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. The road was very quiet. A few cars. A few walkers. A few runners. And LOTS of cyclists! They were out in force! I saw one pack of about 30. They zoomed past me at an amazing pace, it felt like a car was going by!

I took the road from the Pacific Grove Gate (at the top of the map), running on the pedestrian path as often as possible, and ran to Cypress Point Lookout (#14 on the map). This put me at about 7 1/2 miles, so I decided that was a good place to turn around. It was at about mile 11 that I saw my favorite cyclist - Les! He was just heading out on what turned out to be a 50 mile ride. We chatted for a few minutes, hammed it up for the camera, and went our separate ways.
I don't know if I can describe just how wonderful this run was. It was breathtaking! It was the perfect mix - a cool ocean breeze with a warm rising sun. I don't think I've ever had a more enjoyable run! And it was an awesome reminder of just how great God is! I made several stops along the way - ran on a boardwalk, ran down stairs to the beach, stopped to listen to the seal lions bark - basically enjoying the beautiful day God gave me!



4 comments:
Now enjoying God's beauty doesn't get any better than the Monterey area. There is something about the coast that I love - guess that's why I lived 12 years on the cliffs of Moss Beach - and then moved down the coast within 15 miles of the beach. How blessed I am!!!!
I'll try not to be too jealous!! I've decided I want my mansion to be on heaven's beach if there is one!
Don't be "jealous" (lol) because this earthy piece of heaven, even though near the coast, has lots of weeds. Our heavenly mansions WON'T.
Won't it be wonderful there?!
Post a Comment