Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Foodie


Sigh... Another week without a new recipe! Things have been just a little crazy around here and they are getting ready to be super crazy! We have 2 weddings to attend this month (one out of town and one out of state) and we are starting a three week revival next week. So, don't look for any new recipes this month!

I could cook during revival, but to make Les' life a little easier I ride the Metrolink train to Burbank on church nights during the week. That means Les can drive from work to Burbank (about 30 minutes) instead of driving home (30 minutes) and then to Burbank (another 30 minutes!). We'll be eating out 3 nights a week, much more than I like, but it allows Les a few minutes to unwind before church starts.

So why won't I cook the other nights? Oh, I probably will. Just nothing new or experimental. I'll stick to standbys like spaghetti or enchiladas. Things that can stay in the refrigerator a couple of days without spoiling.

With all this eating out, I will have to be very careful what I order. My favorite site for checking out restaurants and their nutritional values is Dottie's Weight Loss Zone. Dottie is a Weight Watchers member who has calculated the points for many items from over 500 restaurant menus. Even if you're not a Weight Watcher, most of the items list calories, fat, fiber, protein, and carbs, so it is very helpful. It can be quite an eye opener when you see that your favorite salad is 1500 calories!!

I'll be keeping my eye out for new recipes and plan to get back on it in April.

No comments:

Verse of the Day