Thursday, March 12, 2009

Comfort


“Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

This verse really spoke to me the other day. I have experienced the God of all comfort many times in my life and I want to be a comforter with His comfort. In my own feeble way, I can't give much comfort, but His comfort makes the difference. I've said it before, but one of the most comforting phrases I've ever heard is not "everything is going to be alright," or "God has a plan", but "I am praying for you." Those words bring comfort.

No comments:

Verse of the Day