Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In His Arms

Lord,
how glad we are
that we don't hold You,
but that You hold us.

- from "God is No Stranger"

We sang the old song "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" during Morning Worship on Sunday. Les leaned over and said, "That song has new meaning today, doesn't it?" He read my mind! We had just sung verse 3:

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting Arms
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting Arms!

I didn't capture the face of the baby in the picture above. But look at those hands holding her - she was probably asleep, safe in daddy's arms.

It's so good to be held in His arms. Arms that are everlasting!

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

What a great old song - it's meaning is dear to the heart.

Kathy McElhaney said...

Is it just me, or do the old songs have greater meaning? Maybe I'm just getting older!

Mary Frances said...

Nope!!! I love older songs too!!! LOL I really wanna get that book!!! I found it on Amazon!

Cylinda Nickel said...

LOVE older songs- the words are so exceptional!

Verse of the Day