Monday, March 16, 2009

Solvang


The only way to describe our weekend is "aaaahhhhh...."

We arrived in Solvang around 1:30 on Friday afternoon. We wandered around in a few of the shops, including the Solvang Shoe Store, where I tried on some cute shoes!



We met Jim and Nancy Austin for dinner. Jim retired last year from the company Les works for. This was Jim's 20th year to ride the Solvang Century. They have stayed at the Petersen for many years and we enjoyed catching up with them.

This is "our" room - room 338.


Our room overlooks this fountain. With our window open, you can hear it, adding a very relaxing touch.



Les was up bright and early Saturday morning for the Solvang Century bike ride. He met Jim at 6:30 and off they went!

I went back to sleep after he left and didn't wake up until 8:00! That is sleeping in for me. I met Nancy around 11:00 and we drove over to Los Olivos to check out a couple shops there. We wandered through a metal sculpture garden checking out these characters and their friends!


Les sent frequent text updates on his progress and we enjoyed a relaxing dinner at the Petersen on Saturday night. After sleeping in on Sunday morning, we enjoyed a sunny morning, bought some cheese, crackers, and 3 brands of blueberry jam at the Vinhus!





And we made reservations for next year!

4 comments:

Breanna and David said...

i absolutely love Solvang. I'm glad you two had fun :)

Anonymous said...

That trip sounds like it was a lot of fun!And from what I heard from you on sunday night, it was VERY relaxing :)
I love you soo soo much peep!!
Love,
Chloee

Kathy McElhaney said...

Breanna,
Time with my best friend is always fun!

Chloee,
I relaxed so I'd have energy for this week's revival!
I love you to the moon and back, Peep!

Alicia said...

I love the shoes:)

Verse of the Day