Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving with our families is a big deal.  This is the holiday where we all come together.  Christmas is reserved for small family gatherings, but Thanksgiving is "the more the merrier."  In 2008 we were in Gatlinburg with the McElhaney clan, in 2009 and 2010 we were in Visalia with all the Fultzes, and in 2011 we were in Wewahitchka, again with the McElhaneys. 

When it became clear that Dad would not be able to travel for Thanksgiving, Kim and I decided to change our plans.  We couldn't go to Visalia and not be close to Dad for the day.  Just wasn't going to happen.  We also didn't want to overwhelm Dad's roommates with a large group all at once, so we decided to spread our visits out.  Kim went first thing Thursday morning.  Les and I spent about an hour with Dad mid-morning.  Kim and Rodney and her girls fixed Dad a plate and went back late Thursday afternoon.

We had our feast at Kim and Rodney's.  Our gathering was small, but so fun!  The foods we love to eat and family we love to laugh with.  I didn't take a single picture, but if I had, there would have been plenty of smiles.

Les and I spent Friday at Yosemite (full post with lots of pictures coming) and when we got back to Fresno we went back to Kim and Rodney's for more dessert.  Remember my siblings post?  Kim and I spent so much time laughing on Friday night.  So thankful for shared memories and the chance to make new ones.

Before coming back home on Saturday, we saw Dad one more time.  He is looking so good!  His mind is so sharp.  I'm constantly amazed at his memory.  While we were there, Dad's sister, Jeannette and her husband Dick came by.  I'm glad I got to see them as well.

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone, I have so much to be thankful for.  Now it's time to start thinking about Christmas!  Coming this month:  End of the Year Banquet, Sunday School program, Music Department Recital, and Toys for Tots!  Hold on to your hats and glasses!

No comments:

Verse of the Day