Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19th ~ Redemption Draweth Nigh

I probably won't use any of the words from the list for my thanks this week.  They're a bit trivial, and I have big stuff to be thankful for!

Last night Pastor White preached an incredible message.  His text was Luke 21:24-28:
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Pastor White's key point came from the second half of verse 24 "and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled."  These are the words of Jesus.  Pastor White pointed out that the city of Jerusalem has had less than 100 years of peace total since it became the capital of Israel!  It continues to be trodden down, but a new day is coming.

We know this old world isn't getting better.  When I look around, it's easy for my heart to tremble with fear.  But I don't plan to stay here!  Our redemption is drawing nigh!

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18:
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I don't know about you, but I'm ready for Jesus to come back. So when I look around and see all these things coming to pass, I am truly thankful because our redemption draweth nigh!

No comments:

Verse of the Day