Sunday, November 18, 2012

November 18th ~ Happened This Weekend (Thanks a Day)

Everybody ought to go to Sunday School,
Sunday School, Sunday School.
The men, the women, the boys and the girls,
Everybody ought to go to Sunday School.
My earliest memories involve being at Sunday school.  I remember my teachers from the 2 and 3 year old class - Sis. Nettie Taylor and Sis. Irene Wilkinson.  The foundation I learned in Sunday school is what I stand on today.

Not just this weekend, but every weekend, I love being in the house of God!  For the first 27 years of my life I attended Truth Tabernacle in Fresno, pastored by Bro. Murray Layne and then Elder Vaughn Morton.  For the past 21 years I have been at Victory Tabernacle, Pastor Phil White.  I am so thankful for these three men of God.  Not once in my 48 years have I worried about the direction they have led.  I am safe here.  I can make it to heaven following men of God like these.

I don't know what God has in store this weekend.  We had 3 baptisms and one new one receive the Holy Ghost last Sunday.  I'm praying for more of that this weekend!

1 comment:

Carol Connell said...

Hi Sis. McElhaney. I too am looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ. What a wonderful day that will be when we see Him face to face! I love words, but I am sure that there are no words that will be able to describe that time of blessed reunion! Thank you for this post. :-)

Verse of the Day