Thursday, November 29, 2012

December Challenge

For the past few months I've done a variety of challenges on my blog.  Photo A Day, Verse A Day, Thanks A Day.  So here's my December challenge:

Enjoy Each Day!

If this is truly the "most wonderful time of the year," shouldn't we enjoy it?  So many times we get caught in the hustle and bustle, allowing stress to take over, and before we know we're looking at January 1st wondering what happened to Joy to the World.

Les and I don't have any travel plans, with the exception of Dad possibly having surgery this month.  We have lots of church events and I plan to do my annual baking.  Other than that, I really just want to enjoy the days.  I'll bake, shop, wrap, and decorate, but I don't plan on going all out in any of it.

I want to sit by the fire and listen to Christmas music.  I want to bake cookies and try a new recipe for peppermint fudge.  I want to re-read the Christmas story and marvel once again that God became man and dwelt among us.
Repeat to yourself and store in memory some good thought everyday.
Look for something beautiful everyday, no matter where you are.
Do something kind and helpful for someone everyday.
~Mom's Bible
Will you join me in this challenge?

No comments:

Verse of the Day