Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 21st ~ Thanksgiving Service

We have a wonderful tradition at Victory Tabernacle.  On Thanksgiving week, we have our midweek service on Tuesday night so everyone traveling can go on Wednesday.  We don't have any teaching during this service, it's purely a time of thanks.  Two cordless microphones start at opposite sides of the building and everyone who is willing can give thanks.  Pastor White pointed out the importance of speaking our testimony so that others will see the memorials in our lives.
Joshua 4:21
And he spake unto the children of Israel, saying, When your children shall ask their fathers in time to come, saying, What mean these stones?
Last night Pastor White asked us to take no more than one minute per person and give thanks for two things - something in the past and something more recent.  We went a little longer than usual, but everyone got a chance to testify.  It was beautiful hearing so many say they were thankful for the Holy Ghost - some as recent as this month, others more than 40 years!  There were testimonies of healings, victories, financial help, marriages that have been mended, prayers that have been answered, and so much more!

We serve an awesome, awesome God!

My two part testimony was ~ I'm thankful that my Mom started attending Truth Tabernacle in Fresno before I was even born, I'm privileged to have been raised in this truth.  And currently I'm so thankful for God's hand upon my Dad.  Last week during therapy he took 7 seven step and this week he took 21!

So what about you ~ can you tell me something that God has done this year and something He has done for you in the past?

1 comment:

jennifer lord said...

Great testimony!!

This year- I'm thankful to serve a God who will show me my faults and inconsistencies. So happy He doesn't just leave me there but He is helping me to become more like Him!

I've been chewing on this thought for a few months-- I'm thankful for God placing me at the church that I'm at. Almost 16 years ago, my mom and I were led to my church by a good elder. There are so many places that we could've ended up but I'm thankful for my church and the consistency preached there when so many in my area are undergoing changes.

{obviously, I've been chewing on a mouthful!}

Verse of the Day