I did a silly thing on Saturday night - I was hungry and decided to look at food blogs! There are so many Thanksgiving recipes right now, but this one really caught my attention - Pecan Pie Brownies. If you are lucky enough to have a Cracker Barrel near you, you may have tried their Chocolate Pecan Pie, this is a similar idea, but a little more chocolatey. And oh so delicious! If you need just one more dessert for Thursday, this is the one!
Pecan Pie Brownies from Plain Chicken
1 package brownie mix and ingredients listed on the box
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp flour
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x9-inch pan.
Mix together brownies according to package directions. Spread in 9x9-inch pan.
Whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs. Stir in chopped pecans.
Carefully spoon pecan pie mixture over uncooked brownies.
Bake 30-35 minutes. Cool and cut into 12 or 16 squares.
As you can see, the squares have not yet been cut, but I couldn't resist a sample. Now, will any make it to our gathering on Thursday??
2:05 update: As I was cutting these, I found that the center was very gooey. Most of it was cooked perfectly and I have a platter full, but the rest will require a spoon to eat it. It could be my oven, but here's a suggestion: Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes instead of 350 for 30-35. Or bake the brownies at 350 for about 20 minutes, remove from the oven and add the pecan topping, then bake another 10-15 minutes. That should firm the brownies up without overcooking the topping. I'll try that next time!
3:15 update: Les just came home from a 110 mile bike ride. He burned almost 3500 calories. He said the gooey part was really good!


3 comments:
Instantly e-mail-shared this with my girls and moms. Whoa! Sounds delish x 18!
*hugs*
Another idea: Bake the 13 x 9 version of the brownies directions. Perhaps that would spread them out better?
I have a brownie pan for brownie "Corner Lovers." It looks like a maze. This recipe will bake perfectly in that, I'm sure! HAHA! Yay!
Excellent ideas! I thought about that brownie pan - I think it would be perfect.
Let me know which one you try ;)
Post a Comment