Thursday, October 20, 2011

Riding Above the Fog

Les and I rode together this morning. There was a very thick fog starting at our house. After 4 1/2 miles, we finally rode out of it, just past the split, and continued in sunshine all the way to the top.


Isn't that just like life? There are times our path is uncertain ~ we're in a valley and can't see the way up ahead. I Corinthians 13:12 says, "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I love how the Message puts it ~ "We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!" Sometimes we just have to trust that the sun will shine, the weather will clear as we continue on.


The fog had crept even higher as we made our way back down the trail. There were times that I was "peering through the mist" and still couldn't see Les. But I trusted the trail, I didn't try any shortcuts or new ways. I'm safely home because I trusted the trail that is tried and true. Water was dripping from my helmet and my hair, but I knew a warm shower waited if I would just keep pedaling towards home.

Life is a series of mountain tops and valleys. Sunny days and foggy trails. Find people who have traveled the road of life ahead of you. Trust their wisdom. Trust the man of God in your life. Walk in the path that is good. "Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls." (Jeremiah 6:16)

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day ~ Proverbs 4:18

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a timely blog

I needed those words today.

Thanks Kathy



Sis "B"

jennifer lord said...

amen! :)

Verse of the Day