Monday, October 10, 2011

13 Years

As I pause to think about the 13 years that have passed since Mom praised her way into eternity, I wonder what she would have done with a blog. If you were one of Mom's close friends, you know she loved to talk on the phone. Even with four teenagers in the house, she was often the one tying up the line! I can only imagine what fun she would have had reaching out to friends and family in this way...


She probably would have called it "Norma's Notes" or "Grandma's Greetings." Her recipes for Friday Foodie would have been 95% chocolate ~ at least that's what we found in her recipe box! There would have been pictures of her three grandkids ~ oh how she loved them! Cake decorating tips and craft ideas. How to keep toddlers entertained. How to create candy filled fire crackers out of empty toilet paper rolls. Tips from her many years teaching Sunday school, caring for kids, and going to Youth Camp.


She would have been sympathetic to stressed moms, with a tender spot for those with sick children. Perhaps she would have done a weekly "Diet Hymn" ~ songs she converted such as "Coming Down, Down Down" that became "Slimming Down, Down, Down." She would have never thrown a public pity party. When her hair fell out, she would have just posted this picture of "Another Bad Hair Day" and told you that we all have bad hair days.

(That is NOT her hair sticking out ~ it was attached to the hat!)

But ultimately, I believe she would have been an encourager. She faced life's trials with a strong faith and she would have wanted to pass that on. I hope if this blog is anything, it is a representation of Mom and the wonderful lady she was.


Norma Fultz
January 1, 1940 ~ October 10, 1998
Greatly missed

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful tribute, Kathy. I know you miss her every day.

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

I love how you celebrated the mother she was and would have been today. God had other plans, and I thank Him for allowing how much she loved you to shine through!

Marc Adrian Smith said...

I definitely would have been a follower of your Mom's blog.

Mary Frances said...

I think your mom would have been braggin about you BIG time on her blog if she had one!!! :) I wish I could have known your mom, but I think in a way I kind of have, because I know you!!! Love you Sis. Kathy!

jennifer lord said...

"I hope if this blog is anything, it is a representation of Mom and the wonderful lady she was."

- it is indeed!

Sandi Dillon said...

I had the priviledge to be called her friend. She truly was a great woman -- she loved God, family, friends, and life.

Thanks for keeping her memory alive. She often pops up our conversations around TTCS.

Love to you all!

Verse of the Day