Cranberry-Sweet Potato Bake
1 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 lb. sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and diced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. For sauce mix cranberries, water and sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, until mixture is thickened, 5 minutes. Cool.
2. Preheat oven to 375.
3. Bring potatoes to boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender, 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer to large bowl; add salt and pepper. With electric mixer on medium speed, beat potatoes until smooth. Cool.
4. Spread 1/2 potatoes in 8" x 8" baking dish. Layer with 1/2 sauce, remaining potatoes and remaining sauce.
5. Cover with foil. Bake until heated through, 35-40 minutes.
This was really good! The cranberry sauce in the middle was a special treat. Since I've never made cranberry sauce before, I wasn't sure what was going to happen to the cranberries - but as they began to boil they started popping open and turned into sauce. Also, I used yams instead of sweet potatoes since they tend to be a little sweeter.
Nutritional info: 94 calories / 0 g protein / 21.5 g carbs / 0 g fat / 2 g fiber / 2 WW Points Plus per serving. Make 8 servings.
FYI - the points on the recipe in the magazine are not correct for the number of servings. I used the Recipe Building on WeightWatchers.com and the points should have been 6 points per serving. Or the recipe should have said serves 8, then 4 points would have been correct.
1 comment:
Mmm, this looks and sounds delicious! I love most anything with yams or sweet potatoes.
Post a Comment