Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Grapes, Figs and Pomegranates


I have a daily devotional that I'm reading through this year. The title is "Grapes, Figs and Pomegranates" by LaJoyce Martin. The title comes from Numbers 13:23 "And they came unto the brook of Eshcol, and cut down from thence a branch with one cluster of grapes, and they bare it between two upon a staff; and they brought of the pomegranates, and of the figs." This verse refers to the Promise Land. There is a verse and thought for each day. I loved the thought for January 2nd:
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. (Joshua 24:15)

On God's second day of Creation, He had a water problem. The waters of heaven and earth all ran together. How could anybody see the sun through all that water? He took care of that by putting some of the water above and some below.

There are some things this year that I must put above other things, or my life will be unproductive. I'll have to make a "firmament," placing some of my own plans at the bottom of the list.


My priorities will be my service to God and my family. This is the only way that I will be able to see heaven.
That spoke exactly what I needed to hear to start 2010! I want this to be my most productive year in God ever and by putting my priorities in place that will happen.

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Amen...Amen...Amen. My sentiments too.

Verse of the Day