Monday, January 4, 2010

Anna Week

This is our annual "Anna Week" at Victory Tabernacle. It is a time of prayer and fasting. It is named after Anna the prophetess found in Luke chapter 2. Anna was a widow who "departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day."

Pastor White has not called a "media fast," but I am feeling called to take one, so this will be my only post of the week. I want to focus on prayer, Bible reading and fasting this week.

As I was finishing up 2009, reaching my running goal, I wasn't nearly as pleased with my spiritual progress. I didn't work nearly as hard to finish reading the Bible in a year as I did to run 2600 miles. As I thought about the hours I spent on the road running, my heart was pricked with the question, "How many hours did you spend in prayer?"

I'm trying to get it all back in balance. I'll keep running because I want my physical strength to remain, but I know I need to work on my spiritual man.

So pray for me this week, okay? And I'll be praying for you! I will check email twice a day, so if you have a prayer request you can leave a comment. I won't post it, but I will pray.

Love you all!

No comments:

Verse of the Day