Tuesday, January 19, 2010

After the Rain


After receiving almost 2 inches of rain yesterday, I was able to sneak in an 8 mile run this morning. Weatherbug.com was reporting 98% chance of rain, but it wasn't raining so I took a 2% chance that I'd stay dry!

I love the air after the rain. It is so clean and there is always God's promise: Genesis 9:12-13 "And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth."

This song was running through my mind this morning as I ran. I love the bridge that says "you'll never have to face the storm alone."
After the Rain

I cover my heart
Turn from the wind
Button my coat
Here comes the storm again
What can I do but to trust in Him

'Cause I know the deeper my faith runs
The stronger I become
And the thunder, it may shake me
But I always know that

CHORUS:
After the rain
You can look to the sky again
The clouds will give way
To the light of the sun
After the rain
You know that you've made it through
And you'll finally see the joy from the pain
After the rain

Everyone needs
Everyone hurts
Everyone feels
The weight of the world sometimes
But don't let the wind sweep your heart away

'Cause even the roughest waters cleanse
So when they come again
Let them serve as a reminder
You can always know that

CHORUS:
After the rain
You can look to the sky again
The clouds will give way
To the light of the sun
After the rain
You know that you've made it through
And you'll finally see the joy from the pain
After the rain

Can't you see the hand of Jesus
Reaching out for you
You never have to face the storm alone

2 comments:

jennifer lord said...

its been a long time since i've heard that song! thank you :)

Karen J. Hopper said...

Yes, He is always there. Many times He is the only one but who more do we need?

Verse of the Day