Thursday, January 14, 2010

Amazing

(This is my Great Grandpa George Gannaway, Grandma, Dad and Kim)

Last Wednesday, January 6th, Grandma Ruby turned 90! I didn't write about her that day since I wasn't writing at all, but I just want to say what an amazing lady she is.

She's the last of six siblings:


Mom to four:


Grandma to many:


And even Great Grandma to a few...


Something happened last week that I find amazing. Grandma fell. Now that is not an amazing thing - people fall all the time. But what is truly amazing is that at 90 years old she did not break any bones! As you can see, she's never been a big woman, and she's a tiny thing now, but I believe that all her years of walking (2-3 miles a day) made the difference.

So take a lesson from Grandma Ruby: the mile you walk today could be the bone you don't break tomorrow!

1 comment:

Cyndi Kaye said...

Note well taken. My doctor told me to start walking and to also add ankle weights to strengthen my bones.

Verse of the Day