Holding on to God with trust instead of desperation.That brought many mental images. Images of desperation and trust. Desperation is a child, terrified of dogs, climbing up their Dad's backside when a dog is within eyesight. Trust is believing when Daddy says, "I won't let it get you."
Webster defines desperation as:
1 : loss of hope and surrender to despair;
2 : a state of hopelessness leading to rashness
Trust is defined as:
1 a : assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something b : one in which confidence is placed
2 : dependence on something future or contingent : hope
— in trust : in the care or possession of a trustee
I recently heard of an acquaintance who committed suicide. I can only imagine the desperation that drove them to that point in life - utter loss of hope that lead to such a rash decision. While the act of suicide takes one instant of desperation, living takes days of trust and that takes lots of courage.
I've posted this more than once, but when I think of trust, I always come back to this quote from Mom's Bible:
So hold on, with trust, to the One Who is always trustworthy.TrustTo put things in God's hands,
Sure, it takes a lot of courage
To give ourselves completely,
Our lives, our hopes, our plans,
To follow where He leads us
And make His will our own,
But all it takes is foolishness
To go the way alone.
2 comments:
Happy Friday! Thank you for your post today! It has come as a word of encouragement and just what I needed to hear! I thank God that we can always Trust him and that He WILL always be there! Have a wonderful weekend & love you!
Veronica
Makes me thnk of the song: I'll Keep Holding Onto Jesus. And that's what I intend to do.
Post a Comment