Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Answered Prayer!

This is the face...

of someone who just ran in the RAIN!!! Yes, that's right! It is raining this morning!! There's been a storm in the forecast for a few days, but you know how that is. It might rain and it might not. When I got up this morning it was cloudy, but dry. 54% chance of rain. That's 46% chance of NO rain in my book, so I headed out.

About a mile from home it started sprinkling, then coming down a little harder! As the water was hitting my face, all I could do was laugh! I've been praying for rain. I posted about it here and here. What was I going to do? Shake my fist to the sky and say, "Lord, I wanted rain, just not now!!" Instead, I said, "Thanks, Lord, we really need this!"

I had to decide if I would continue running or not. I was close enough to home to quit, but decided to enjoy it instead. After about half a mile, it stopped and I continued on my way. Just as I made my final turn towards home, with about 3 miles to go, it started raining again. Oh, but I knew that when I got home, a warm shower awaited. With about a mile to go, I remember I had the ingredients for pumpkin muffins, so those went in the oven before I took my shower!

And that is exactly how life is. It is not a matter of IF a storm will come, but WHEN. 54% chance of trial, means 46% of smooth sailing! But it's what we do when the storm comes that counts. We can cover ourselves with a protective shell, hoping that life won't hurt us, but we'll never grow that way and we'll never know the joy of coming through the storm. And remember, there's a Home prepared and it's more than pumpkin muffins waiting for you!

I'm sitting here now, clean and dry, and have enjoyed 2 muffins! I don't regret running in the rain!!

10 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I'm singing in the rain!! At last, we are getting rain in our region. It's been so long that I hardly know how to act. Had to go in for blood tests this morning and was about to get out the umbrella and then I thought, Hey let's go solo (just me and the rain - no umbrella in-between). Enjoy yours and we are enjoying ours.

Kathy McElhaney said...

The air seems so clean after rain! Love it!

Notions from Nonny said...

Mmmm...Sounds like a perfect morning Sis. M!!

Girly Muse said...

woohooooo!!!

Gayla said...

We're enjoying rain, too! Hey...A few days ago, I was looking back at your posts trying to find your pumpkin muffin recipe, but couldn't find it. Would you either post it again, tell me where to find it, or email it to me? SebringRN@hotmail.com THANKS!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Not sure where it is on the blog...

1 spice cake mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1/4 cup water

Mix together. Pour in greased muffin tins. Bake according to cake mix directions for cupcakes.  If it says 17-22 minutes bake for 22 (whatever the full amount of time is). Makes 18 muffins.

Gayla said...

Thanks, Kathy!

Cylinda Nickel said...

The Lord sure does have a sense of humor doesn't he? Love it- Now pass me a muffin :)

Is that a WW recipe?

Kathy McElhaney said...

Yes, one of my favorite WW recipes! So easy and only 2 points per muffin.

Anonymous said...

You're too cute Peep! Love the pic :)...So happy for the rain...praying it will come back again! :)...Love you!
Love,
ChloPeep :)

Verse of the Day