This has been a very strange eating week for us. Les has worked late almost every night, so I've improvised and made simple stuff.
I often ask Les if there's anything he'd like me to cook. The answer is usually "no", but this week he said "beef and noodles." The way I make beef and noodles is by using leftover roast. So... I have a roast in the crock pot this morning! We'll have roast, mashed potatoes, corn, and yeast rolls tonight, then beef and noodles tomorrow night. It's a great way to use up a roast.
Beef and Noodles
Leftover cooked roast with gravy
Extra wide noodles
I didn't give exact amounts because it really depends on the size of your roast and family!
1. Reheat roast.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions.
3. Drain noodles, return to pot and add roast.
4. Stir and eat!
This is very simple but tasty. It is similar to beef stroganoff but not quite as thick and saucy.
No comments:
Post a Comment