
Norma Fultz
January 1, 1940 - October 10, 1998
January 1, 1940 - October 10, 1998
I was awake early this morning thinking about Mom. There may be some who think I'm strange for not taking a trip to the cemetery, but Belmont Memorial Park doesn't hold Mom and for me it only holds painful memories. Rod was buried there, under a palm tree, and Mom was buried just a few steps away. The times at the cemetery only hold my most painful memories and I choose not to dwell there.
I cried as I thought about the 11 years of memories that Mom has not been a part of, but I smiled at so many of my memories that she is part of. Memories of Mom, staying home, babysitting, and the dozens of kids that made their way through our home. Memories of Fultz's Funny Farm and the dozens of animals that made their way through our home. Memories of Mom baking and the dozens of cookies that made their way through my mouth!!
Best of all, I thought of the hope and the great reunion that awaits... "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." I Thessalonians 4:16-18
6 comments:
I'm also looking forward to the big day- there are a few waiting for me over there too.
I say, Let's Go!
I'm ready - it's gonna be great!
Singing...
"I've got more to go to Heaven for, than I did yesterday"....
You're post reminded me of all you're mom still is in our hearts and memories!!
Love ya Kathy!!!
Singing back at'cha, April - "we're just one day closer to the kingdom!"
Love you!
I love Norma. She was my special friend. We shared, we cared, we laughed, and we loved. You are privileged to have such special memories of a wonderful mom. She was one of the best!
Sis. Hopper,
I truly was blessed with a fantastic Mom. I know she counted you as one of her good friends.
Post a Comment