We are in major home improvement mode this month. We are replacing all our windows. Strike that - we are paying someone to replace our windows! We are also having our house painted with some stone work added. Our house was built in 1989, we moved in in 2001, so it is definitely time. I promise to post pictures as the project develops.Our landscaping is in need of a face lift as well, and since there will be workers around our place for the next month or more (they said four weeks, but you know how that goes...) I don't want them to worry about plants or flowers that we want to get rid of. So I decided to do some weeding on Saturday.
Before (click on the picture to get the full effect):
After:

That's SOME weeding, wouldn't you say?! I was just going to pull a few, but the more I pulled, the better I felt! We pay a yard crew to come every week, but they just don't pay that close attention. It usually takes them many weeks before they realize it's time to do some pulling.
Ever feel that way in your spiritual life? You're just going along when one day you realize there is so much junk (bitterness, regrets, jealousy, anger) growing in your heart. Sometime it's a slow process, but one great service is all it takes to open your eyes to the "stuff" you've let grow.
The only solution to getting rid of weeds? Get on your knees!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the toatally true post. Sometimes we get so busy we put "weeding" off until it starts to show. Yikes, that is not a pretty site for sure!!!! LOL
Love ya Kathy!!!
Post a Comment