
We made it home safely yesterday. Our weekend was wonderful! I have so many pictures - the majority taken by Claire and Hannah! Those girls love taking pictures and I love the surprises I see when I get home and look at them! Once I've sorted through the pictures, I'll give a full report of our time together. For now, here are a few of the fun things we experienced during our travel time:

Meltdowns
It's not unusual for a child to have a meltdown during travel, but we saw a grown man have one that topped all the kids combined! We were checking in Friday morning around 6:00. Ahead of us in line was a couple with a luggage cart stacked sky high. One of the Southwest employees said, "Sir, you can't have that cart in that line, you need to go to the other line." That's all she said. She wasn't rude or disrespectful or throwing her authority around. Well this fella lost it!! He started yelling at her - "what do you mean? where's the sign? I can't believe this!!" on and on he went. Including some profanity directed at the employee. We fellow travelers were thinking, "hope he's not on my flight!" The employee called security since he was making such a scene. At that point he decided it was time to drop it. Except he's idea of "dropping it" was to yell further - "I said we're done!" He ended up dragging all his luggage and ditching the cart. But I wonder how he felt about himself or how his wife was feeling.
MothballsWe were in the "A" group, so we got great seats - about row 5 or 6. A fellow passenger walked by and all you could smell were mothballs. Les said, "Hmmm... wonder when he wore those clothes last?"

Slot Machines
We had to change planes in Las Vegas. Nothing like slot machines in the airport. At 7:45 a.m.!

Early Morning Bump
We had a very early flight home yesterday - 6:55 am Nashville time. We were up at 4:30 Nashville time - that's 2:30 California time! I was wondering why we even went to bed. While we were sitting at our gate waiting to board our flight to Las Vegas an announcement was made that our flight was overbooked. Anyone willing to take the 9:10 non-stop flight to Los Angeles would be compensated the price of their flight plus $200. I told Les, "GO!!" He was the first in line and was able to score $358 in flight vouchers! They thought they would need two people, but only needed one. They did go ahead and put me on the later flight with Les. It worked out great - our original flight got in LAX at 11:00, the flight we took got in at 11:20. Since we'd already checked our bags, they were on the earlier flight and were waiting for us when we arrived. We grabbed our bags and headed out to wait for our shuttle.
It was a great trip, but it's always great to sleep in your own bed! Of course we're already thinking of our next adventure!
3 comments:
Glad you are safely home, with $358 in flight vouchers for another trip. You scored and it wasn't even at Vegas.
oh no! i hate to see "grown ups" (because they really aren't!) throwing tantrums in public! ridiculous.
congrats on your flight reimbursement! glad you had a wonderful trip!
That's wonderful~ vouchers!!! Glad you had a good trip.
Post a Comment