Sunday, August 9, 2009

Friday Foodie - French Toast on Sunday Morning!

Last night Les said he'd been wanting French toast for a couple of days. So we made a stop at the grocery store after prayer and had French toast this morning! Here's how I made it:

2 eggs, beaten
1 cup light vanilla soy milk
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
8 slices Orowheat Sweet Hawaiian bread



Preheat griddle to high and spray with cooking spray (such as Pam).
Mix eggs, milk and spices together. Pour about half in a flat bowl.
Dip bread in mixture (both sides) and place on griddle, cooking four slices at a time.

This was so yummy!! I've never made French toast with soy milk before but the vanilla gave it a slightly sweeter taste.

Nutritional info: 129 calories/3.5 g fat/less than 1 g fiber/3 WW points. Makes 8 servings. You could probably get 10 slices out of this recipe because I had some of the egg/milk mixture leftover.

No comments:

Verse of the Day